Thread: '70 Nova
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 01:20 PM

Default Re: '70 Nova

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRCBOWTIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, white with black tires &amp; Cragers!

Can you give me the wheel / tire specs / sizes, and any rubbing of the tires? </div></div>

It has 15x7 rears with 275/60's and 14x7 fronts with 225/70's and they all rub, which I knew about.
I have just picked up a new set of 255/60's for the rear which are roughly the same height and I am going to raise the front about a half an inch to an inch and hopefully that will fix the rubbing issues. I love the stance of the car and hopefully we wont have to veer too far from what it is now.
Bruce, I found Paul's hidden treasures, or rather my son did!, as we were picking the car up at the dock. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

I would be interested in peoples thoughts for keeping black sidewalls or RWL out? I like it the way it is but also like the RWL, too. </div></div>

Thanks for the info, I am doing new wheels / tires on my 68 Nova. I know the key sometimes to a 3 rd. Gen. Nova is the wheel backspacing. A 4.25 backspacing usually allows a 255/60/15 for the rear and also fits for around a 235/60/15 front. Plus make sure the rear end is centered. Less backspacing causes the rubbing, although a 275/60/15 rear is probably just too big even with proper backspacing.

Good Luck, I love that Cragar / black tire look, reminds me of the 68 Nova Grumpy car back in the day.