View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 05:49 PM

Default Re: More Chevelle updates

Well, after spending the better part of the day yesterday researching 12 bolt components, I've decided that for the time being I'm going to install a new pair of Strange axles along with their c clip eliminator kits. The Yukon axles that were in the car are a quality product, but the car obviously took them past their limits. Unless I want to go to a 33 spline Eaton posi (MORE $$$) or a 35 spline spool (not happening on any street car of mine), the Strange axles are my best investment. As much as I'd love to keep a 12 bolt under the car, at this weight and power level with a stick trans, it just doesn't make sense to pour money into a 12 bolt when there is a far better alternative.

The plan is to get it back together and get it to the track again, but for the time being it'll be easy launches--nothing above 3K. I still want/need to establish a representative baseline with the 4.56 gears before I make any other changes. Once that has been accomplished, the (reasonably) near-future goal is to get a Strange S60 rear under the car. That will be able to take anything I want to throw at it--and more.

Ordering the Strange parts tomorrow, hopefully I'll have everything buttoned back up soon.

More eventually.