View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 02:42 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Andy's 66 Caprice LS Conversion Upgrade

Time to get Andy's car cleaned up and finished.........Spent the day yesterday getting the Dakota Digital modules installed and wired ..............Todays project was to get the Dash cleaned, disassembled, and get the new Gauge assy installed, programmed and installed.......After getting that finished, I started the car and let it run and get up to temperature......Fan Relays kicked the fans on just like they are supposed to.....One of the little issues that pop up every now and then was the neutral safety switch.......This one was broken and going from the early trans to the overdrive created a safety issue........So......I informed Andy the switch was bad and I installed jumper wires to by-pass the old switch...After thinking about it and reading the instructions for the Dakota gear shift position sensor module, I installed a relay and wired it per the instructions..........LOL......Don't need no stinking mechanical switch...... ...Andy is coming to pick it up and drive it home on Saturday....

The Best things in life......Aren't Things