View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageMusclecar View Post
I had the pleasure of seeing this fine example of automotive history in person today--one word springs to mind--"stunning".

Better yet, I got to spin a few wrenches on it with Sam.

Thank you Sam.
Ah, the thanks are going in your direction my good man. It was nice to see you and Rachel and spend the afternoon together.

Eric used his highly acute sleuthing skills to track down an ignition system gremlin that was causing the Chevelle to hiccup a bunch and was progressively getting worse. Turns out there was a poor connection for the points. Changed out the condenser and spark plugs as well. Set timing and dwell and she was feeling her old self again in no time.

When we did an initial timing check, it turns out that total mechanical advance was 46-47 degrees! We saw the original owners (Wayne Tuck) handy work with day-two performance mod to the springs to provide this extra advance. This sparked a memory I had from a conversation with Wayne a few years back. He boasted part of his setup for racing was that he installed a kit to provide 48 deg total advance - I included this note in the 2008 HMM article about his car.

Needless to say, between Eric's handy work on my Chevelle's Holley (restored last year) and the distributor, things are running real good now.

THANK YOU Eric!!!

Last edited by mockingbird812; 06-26-2017 at 03:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mockingbird812 For This Useful Post:
VintageMusclecar (06-26-2017)