View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 12:51 PM

Pete told me Paul Blevins car was a four link. I looked at Pauls car because the tach and cable were in the same place. I purchased a copy of November 73 Super Stock and Drag Illustrated off Ebay. As soon as I saw the cowl and door hinges I knew it was not the car. I talked to guys at the York show and was told Pauls car was not treated correctly after acid dipping and the tail pan was rotting out in 3 years. This has been quite a learning experience. I will run the car. I am having an all new Dart 427 sbc being built for it. My work schedule only allows me to race twice a month. I plan only. To run down to 9.00. Any faster and the chassis will need updated and I will need a competition license. Remember I also have Joe Scott's first super stock 67 RS Camaro, that is the car I want to get done. But I love and respect history. These cars need exercised. Don't just put them in a pedastall and look at them. I am gathering vintage parts for the car. May even build a 331. But it looks like I will need wheelie bars for sure. The Grump said said wheelies sell T shirts. I have some plans there also.