View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 06:33 PM

I have installed the FAST systems on a couple customer cars that worked extremely well and still are today. That was before Holley came out with their stuff.

I recently got interested in the Holley Sniper Stealth specifically, because they look like Holley carbs.

So my father and I have both ordered the 4150 Super Sniper Stealth 8 injector kits. One is going on his GTO 571ci that makes 724hp/764tq and has a pretty healthy roller in it. That one will be installed first so too early for me to give feedback.

I bought one for my 454 Chevelle that is just over 600hp and a decent roller in it as well. This will later be transferred to a 509 I'm doing that should be closer to 700 hp.

Both cars idle with about 6-7 inches of vacuum up here at 5,000 feet elevation so we'll have to see how the Sniper handles that. I don't expect any issues and they are pretty straight forward to wire up if using as a stand alone unit. Basically battery hot, key on hot, a wire to run your pump and a couple grounds, also a wire for ignition signal, where you get that depends on the ignition system you're currently using. Has a wire to run a tachometer. That's about it.

They use readily available sensors so that was a big selling point for me. Plus with our elevation changes everywhere we drive, and the dragstrip being at sea level, I'm about tired of rejetting the carb all the time and really need to just have a zipper on it. The Sniper cures that issue.

Probably the best advice I can give is recommending a very good fuel system. I'm not a fan of inline pumps or surge tanks (surge tanks not NHRA approved either) I do these systems with in tank pumps only. Both of our cars have had Tanks Inc setups, with 450 lph pumps in the tank, 1/2" line feed and return, and Aeromotive 13301 regulators that are capable of carb or fuel injection pressures. So they are basically ready for EFI. It's an expensive fuel system when compared to inline stuff, but it's OEM type reliability with the pump in the tank and it's quiet. Nice deal all around, clean install and stock appearing.
After the EFI is up and running and dialed in, I'll look into timing control at some point. Both cars have MSD setups with boxes so it's just as simple as locking out the distributor and changing a few wires around to have full digital control of the timing curve.

Would like to hear what you end up with and how the install goes for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (05-04-2020)