Thread: Oil change
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 12:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,180 Posts

I change all the Oil,Transmission & Rearend fluids,(And Filters) in my vehicles myself,as soon as I want,be they new or old.Have been for years since I witnessed first hand how certain places "change" fluids,let alone what they put back in,and miss the filter.Not to mention so many places over tighten drain pan bolts or plugs with an air ratchet,as a way of saying,"Have fun taking this off yourself in the future!"
I can drain & add engine oil,and filter in less then 10 minutes and for far less then the surprised attendant who utters,"Oh,this vehicle takes 6 Qts of 5W-20?..that's going to cost more then our advertised price".
Most all the O'Riellys,Auto Zone,Advanced Auto & certain NAPA stores here take & recycle your used fluids for free,but they have to give you back the container you brought it in,otherwise they would have dozens of plastic containers to dispose of at the end of the day.So I bought one of these for under $10 @ Home Depot,and they are a Godsend for doing just this task,along with peace of mind of knowing the job was done right and economically.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr70; 05-28-2021 at 01:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
Crush (05-28-2021), jerry455 (05-28-2021)