View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 11:21 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,210 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALLY View Post
RAT540 Blog-Engineer talking about Motor Oil.

Yeah, the guy in the video does NOT seem as insanely stupid as most people are on Automotive Forums and Bozoistheoilguy Forum. But, like them, he doesn’t even know, what he doesn’t know. So, he just assumes he has to use OEM products. He has absolutely no clue that OEM lubricating oils are typically among the worst performers available. No surprise there since a lot of people are just like him.

People like him and others, are NOT qualified and experienced Degreed Mechanical Engineers. They have NOTHING to back-up and prove what they say. They just spout off what they “assume” is correct.

On the other hand, I back-up and prove EVERYTHING I post here in my Blog, with hard Engineering Test Data, that comes directly from the Science of the Physics and Chemistry involved in my proprietary testing. No one can argue with Science, because Science is ALWAYS CORRECT. Therefore, my test results that I share with my readers, EXACTLY MATCH “Real World” experience.

Plus, here in my Blog, in my recommendations, I always emphasize what “IS BEST” for our vehicles, while everyone else is happy with whatever is “good enough” to get by with.

At the end of the day, people can embrace my Engineering Test Data, which is the ONLY reliable and accurate information available anywhere.

Or people can ignore my Engineering Test Data and continue to guess how various lubricating oils perform, with nothing to go on other than Oil Company FALSE Advertising and FRAUDULENT Claims.

I do not sell anything, so it does not matter to me what people decide. The smart people will make use of my Test Data for their own benefit.

The idiots will ignore my Test Data and continue to struggle. So, that is their loss, not mine.

Take care,

540 RAT
I am going to go out on a limb in this post. The OP is young and has inherited a car(s) from his Grandfather. He obviously is struggling to get his head wrapped around the mechanical aspects of an older car, to say nothing for a young man's budget, and the loss of a loved one.

The forum community has taken an interest in his questions and hurdles. That is what this, and other forums are all about. I take my hat off to L E E to reach out in the capacity that he has. Others have offered solid advice, along with sympathy to the OP's circumstance.

Then, the thread gets hijacked. As a result, we get posts like this. IMHO, start another thread RALLY. If you want to profess your knowledge to the forum (perhaps without the condescending tone)........have at it.

It is my opinion the OP and the members who have spent the time to help, deserve better than your post would suggest.

Last edited by napa68; 11-24-2023 at 11:56 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
67since67 (11-24-2023), BJCHEV396 (11-26-2023), dykstra (11-26-2023), JRC99 (11-24-2023), markinnaples (11-26-2023), olredalert (11-25-2023), RPOLS3 (11-27-2023), Too Many Projects (11-25-2023)