View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 12:24 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,210 Times in 927 Posts
Default Manufacturing Plant Pic / Discussion "sub forum"

I had an idea after Ralph Spears had posted the pic of what seems to be the Van Nuys assembly line. I have studied that pic, in addition to the others that were offered up in the thread. Speaking for myself, these photos certainly fall into "a pic is worth a thousand words" definition. I feel they serve an important place in the understanding of the manufacturing process, and how that influences the preservation / restoration of the very cars we love.

After that, I initiated a conversation with Steve Shauger about the idea of another topic...... or "sub forum", that would catalog these photos. Perhaps it could ultimately become a central source for the pics and discussion.

I am of the opinion there are members here (and abroad) that are a wheel house of knowledge and information. I feel this knowledge goes far beyond what a printed judging manual can ever offer. These people / information can never be measured in terms of importance and value. Sadly, some of these members have already passed. Worse yet, time is not our friend on the mortality topic. If this were going to get done, we best get busy.

I write this post to gauge interest in the idea. The topic would take some work on Steve's part (which I do not take for granted). If there is a profound interest, we could even divide up into individual plants, not necessarily just sorted by OE manufacturer.

So, your thoughts?? Got an idea? I'm all ears!

Tim
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
Big Block Bill (12-05-2023), dykstra (12-07-2023), Edgemontvillage (12-05-2023), olredalert (12-05-2023), PeteLeathersac (12-05-2023), RPOLS3 (12-05-2023), SS427 (12-05-2023), Too Many Projects (12-05-2023)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry '65 Factory Body Drop High Resolution.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...