View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 10:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Can post an update here today.
Spent some time cleaning up. I had thrown everything inside the car last winter because I’m low on storage space. I got the interior all emptied out and I’ll include a picture of the rear floor pans. I installed the Z bar linkage for the clutch but the factory calls for a spring to pull it into the strut rod bracket, or I need to figure out some type of clip to hold it all pulled into the bracket since there’s a cutout in the end for some type of clip.

I also got most of the front of the engine buttoned up. The rad hoses are run, I scored an original OEM upper rad hose in a parts lot I bought a few weeks ago so it’ll pretty excited to have the AMC logo front and center on the hose. The power steering hoses are all run, just need a clamp for up at the return. Also the alternator is all done minus one bolt that I need to cut down because it’s too long for the boss in the head.

Also got the steering wheel mounted. Excited for it to be nice out so I can push the car outside and put the interior back together. Unfortunately the car was missing the original seats, and the 73ish AMX seats that were in it were junk. However I scored a set of hideous green 71-2 AMX seats that are in decent shape and will go well with how ugly the car is.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
big gear head (04-15-2024), PeteLeathersac (04-15-2024), RPOLS3 (04-23-2024), scuncio (04-14-2024), Steve Shauger (04-14-2024), Tenney (04-15-2024), Tracker1 (04-15-2024)