View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: 1969 Camaro SS L78 X66 on E-Bay

Guys, it really disappoints me to see some of the bashing comments that have been said about me and my car. I would like to challenge any person to point out were I said the car is 100% correct. I know that it has a repo. oil pan a service dated carb and no 837 alternator and that some of the paint dabs may not be correct. It just amazes me how people jump to say what is wrong and never say the good things. I spent a long time restoring this car and try to at least add correct parts and do a nice neat job. This is a prime example of were the hobby is going. You have a guys who look at every nut and bolt and if it doesn't have the correct amount of threads showing then they are fast to let you know about it.

I thought that the Corvette guys were bad. I'm not trying to get $100k out of the car. I didn't put a fake tag or fake numbers on the block. I tried my best to do a nice Camaro. I painted the car black because I like black and I don't like green. Big deal, who cares what is wrong. I am asking $60,000 for a car that could not be built for $60,000. I am going to try to not loose any sleep over a few people who have nothing good to say about anything. Its like my dad always said "if don't have something good to say just keep it to yourself". Come on guys, I started not to say anything but I could'nt stand back and be stepped on. I'm a pretty easy going guy but some of the things said were pretty bad and yes I am very offended.

Take time to remember what these web sites are designed for "The Hobby" and not to bash each other.