View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Re: Gramma's Car: the new project!

Things are moving along nicely. A fellow member over at the Performance Years forum sent me 1974 casting date spindle from one of her parts cars and we are good to go. Thank you LadyTATA! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Here are the new coil springs. I got them from Coil Spring Specialties http://www.coilsprings.com/ They build your springs to order using the factory specs, out of specific coil material. They don't just hack an inch off of some unversal sized coil. It usually takes a week or two to get them made.

They did an awesome job making me a set of springs for the black 72 Formula a few years ago which had the car sitting perfectly - not too high, not too low. I looked up my old invoice and had them build the same set again, under that work order. The spec was for a 72 T/A 455 with A/C and a one-inch ride height drop. (Even though the spec were for a lower ride height, the springs had the car sitting at the exact ride height as original).

Here they are. They are shorter than the factory spring but made of a stiffer material. If I put my weight on the old spring I can compress it a little...not with the new spring!