View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 06:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
No way you'll get that handle into a 3138 shifter with an unmodified console tunnel and upper plate. Without the console, no problem. But FWIW, the newer bolt stop comp shifters will bolt right up to that handle. I tried the short stick and it was too short of reach from the seat, so I ended up using a Mopar pistol grip with a mid height mount and that was the cats meow. I used that setup in the Day 2 Nova that I did a few years ago. Reach was perfect.

The super shifter body mounts up higher to help with the effective reach, but then you gotta hack up a tunnel to mount the shifter body. The 3138 mounts much lower on the Muncie mounting plate and has an offset, but you'll need to modify things to bolt up that stick, or weld it up with a detent so the stock clips lock it in. Even then, if you mount it in a stock 3138 body using a Muncie plate, it'll be far too low for the reach and the ball will just be a few inches higher than the floor.

You'll need to use another mounting plate to raise the body up.

Thanks for replying. I was going to "TRY" to find a factory stick that was beyond it's usefulness and cut the bottom part off and weld to the short stick. I have the short stick with the holes and after discussing this with member GotGrunt, I may just go with #3914340 that he suggested. Pull my OEM out and store it away. I just need to find one now reasonable. I actually thought about the short pistol grip, but I was thinking about my knuckles. I do like that handle. I'm gonna look at your pic a bit more to decide. I want to stay with the console. If there wasn't one I'd be going for the V gate or equivalent or the Super Shifter 3. Looks like there will be plenty of room to row looking at your set up.

Last edited by GaryC; 01-30-2024 at 06:14 AM.