View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Duramax injector failure: need help

Anyone else been through this? Or even better, any GM service techs here? I had to miss the Martin event because our '02 Dmax crapped out the night before I was supposed to leave, and now the dealer is jerking me around...they're only wanting to replace one bank of the injectors?! Does that sound right to anyone else? Best I can tell GM is aware that they have a problem with the injectors, and have since the Dmax's inception, and replacing both banks isn't too far out of line since the top end has to come off anyway...but my dealer is telling me that they won't replace the other bank with the updated injectors *unless* I promise to reimburse them if GM kicks back the warranty claim?

I found a TSB that says replacing all 8 is standard fare for "high fuel return rates"...well, it got the fuel so stinking hot that it was literally BOILING out of the tank vent...I don't have any of the fancy book learnin' that the GM service guys have, but my gut tells me an injector pump trying to keep up with faulty injectors is gonna get hot and then pass the heat on in the fuel, and that explains the boiiling fuel...the dealer didn't believe me that this was happening, even though it literally sprayed diesel fuel all over the rear glass of our dually and was running out the rear of the bed...!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...