View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Documented 1970 LT1 Corvette

Hi Gang,

My brother Dave (72-SS-L48 here) and I recently purchased a 1970 LT1 Corvette Convertible. The car is white with a black standard interior. It has its certified original motor, trans, rear and tags and options include an AM/FM stereo radio, shoulder harnesses, power steering and a tan top. The car retains all original components including smog system, nose, engine mechanical accesories, etc. The car is currently in restoration.

After running the NCRS Shipper Data report, we discovered the car was ordered to (and sold from) Luby Chevrolet in Boston, the Yenko network dealer. Through a contact we discovered some original paperwork exists for the car. This past Sunday we made the day trip to Boston and spent the beautiful morning with a former employee of Luby Chevrolet.

We purchased the original Bill of Sale, the original order form, and also obtained some neat trinkets from Luby like a few dealer advertisements, a pencil, a key fob, a pot metal emblem and a vintage Luby Chevrolet shop button down shirt.

We took a tour of the Fenway Park area of Boston where Luby was located and the former employee shared stories of doing burn outs with just about every solid lifter hi-po car that came through the dealer from 1967-1972. He was in charge of &quot;readying&quot; the cars, filling them up with 5 gallons of fuel, installing the plates, and making sure the tires smoked... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]

Dave and I would like to thank our friends Drew Papsun, Eddie Montini, Steve Bramati, and Adam Tuckman for their help throughout the process and documentation chase. The hobby is really filled with some stand-up folk.

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Regards,
Dan

The Car

Pad (VIN photoshopped out)