View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ryan Weaver's 1969 Olds Cutlass S W31 Club Coupe

When my car is ready I will relinquish my PSMCDR tech whistle to you Dan

The rules state any gear ratio can be used in the rear end:-)

"Drivetrain

Automatic Transmissions

The transmission must be correct for the year, make, model, and horsepower claimed. Shift improver kits are allowed. Aftermarket shifters are not allowed. No manual valve bodies. Lightweight purpose-built, drag racing transmissions NOT allowed (for example Pro Trans, Kilgore, etc.). Just switching to aluminum drums is illegal. Anyone caught will be banned from the event until corrected! Torque converters must be within 1 inch of the stock outside diameter. Maximum stall limited to 2200 rpm. Higher stall speeds will require factory documentation.

Manual Transmissions

The transmission must be correct for year, make, model and engine of the car. 3-speed manuals may be upgraded to the correct 4-speed if originally available. Aftermarket H-pattern shifters are allowed if no modifications to the floorpan are necessary. Line locks are not allowed. Scattershields are okay. No conversions from column-shift to floor shift allowed unless available as a factory option. Aluminum flywheels are NOT allowed.

Rear Axles

The rear axle must be of the same manufacturer as the car. Any gear ratio is allowed. Lightweight driveshafts NOT allowed.

Driveshaft safety loops are mandatory on all cars 13.99 and faster! Spools of any kind are NOT allowed."

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31