View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

It's the detail time! Not a whole lot to show in pics, but the big thing will be the engine being reunited with the transmission today and hopefully installed in the car early next month. In preps for the major lift, I created Jigasaurus II. Now, you guys may remember me from Jigasaurus I which held the fenders and other parts while painting them. But what you may not realize I had a series of instructional videos entitled "How to mothball your battleship" and "Dig your own grave, and SAVE!"

So, I created a nice bracket to bolt to the engine that keeps chains and other parts away from the fresh paint and shiney things. Being a math major, I triangulate the hypotenuse from the third side which told me the fulcrum I needed topwise to get an equalarium balance on the motor Err.... something like that. Anyway, this sturdy bracket will make installation a breeze!

G70 Bias Plys are mounted up, and the front disks are loaded and installed. Brake and fuel lines are in too. Next up is undercoating on the wheel wells. I'm waiting on my gears for the rear. I'm going with 3.90 Super Positrack. What's that? Well... instead of being more oompf off the line, it actually puts out a tractor beam pulling the car in front of you backwards making you that much more faster! I know.... cool huh?

More later... pics of the engine matted up to come!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images