View Single Post
Old 08-30-2000, 08:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1967 Yenko Camaro production 54?

Yenko SportsCars Inc. was a separate legal entity that sold these COPO cars as Fleet vehicles. I believe that the Fleet cars did not count towards the sales volume requirement of the dealership, and therefore may not have received the same record keeping scrutiny as described earlier. It is also probable that Yenko was not too concerned with the floor plan charges due to the cars being transferred to other dealers in the network. When they were transferred to other dealers, Mr. Joe Bobeck of GMAC was notified of the release, and a 'Delayed Payment Privilege for New Floor Plan Units' was ended via a form that contained the VIN's, stock #'s, $ value, and receiving dealership. I believe this allowed Yenko to forgo the floor plan charges until the transfer, the new dealer took them as non-fleet vehicles and started paying the floor plan charges.

To add to the record keeping confusion, the second order of 50 '70 Yenko Novas probably never even came to Pennsylvania. Apparently, Yenko Chev. was so overwhelmed with the conversion of the first 125 COPO Novas, that the final 50 were actually delivered to Hurst Performance outside Detroit, MI. I don't know how Yenko kept track of those cars, but it would explain how the record keeping on the '70 Novas went from bad to worse!

Marlin
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)