View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,139 Posts

Yes Sir, Eric! Thank you for the excellent work on my carb! I should be ready to fire it up soon. Meanwhile, I bled the brakes and as you can see here, everything but a wrench can go in this small little spot. So best to figure out the leaks now before that Mauritania anchor of a propulsion unit goes in
So were there any leaks? I'm happy to report.....YES! All but one fitting leaked! Wait.... that's the wrong thumbs up. Actually, it's not. I knew it was going to happen so I wasn't disappointed when it did! Damn stainless lines....
I'll figure that out when I get back from this trip. Sometimes it's best to just walk away and let these things fix themselves. Sort of like going on a commercial break. Come back, "Hey, remember that whoositz that wasn't jiving with the statafrat? Amazingly.... it's working now! " So I'm taking the Millennial approach on this and blaming everyone but myself and expecting compensation and a trophy for my troubles. Hmmmm.....well.... maybe I'll just fix it when I get back. Or fly Mikey down!
After mounting up the steering wheel, I noticed a gap... like a step down... between the diameter of the hub and the diameter of the column. Since Steve (we were on a first named basis) had the same wheel on his, I pulled out my vast Bullitt picture inventory and low and behold..... same gap! That lighted area on his that is right at the emergency flasher switch, and looks like an aluminum band, us sun glare on the column from the shade of the dash.... look just to the other side of that. I mean.... come on! Such authenticatedness I'm even striving for steering wheel crappy gaps! It's such a nice wheel that it's a shame to leather wrap it. Gotta fix that gap between the Convenience panel and the instrument bezel. Not liking that alignment. I can now hook a battery up and test everything! More to come....

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 03-11-2018 at 04:18 PM.