View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 05:55 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post
Angles are different, but the top looks pretty much the same as the regular cross ram top. I'm sure that the bottom is different, but can't imagine that it would be too difficult to produce a pattern with today's technology. Heck - someone modified the bottom mold to fit the hemi heads 50+ years ago.

Tops are identical as far as the fit and function. If they modified a ‘production’ xram, they only used the top 1/2”.

The differences are drastic other than the top 1/2” where the top plate mounts. The port layout is very similar to a Boss 302. ( I bought an original intake to compare ports ) The rad hose mount comes out the front and not on top. Drastically different.

I asked Jim if I could 3-D scan the intake on the silver car when he owned it. I considered trading some ZL-1 parts for the motor out of that car when Jim offered it to me. But we did not end up making a deal and he ended up buying my parts from me.

There was also an auction in Phila years ago that had a hemi head stup along with an original ZL-1 block if I recall. I was out of the country or I probably would have bought it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluv69s For This Useful Post:
dykstra (12-14-2023), olredalert (12-13-2023), PeteLeathersac (12-17-2023)