View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:46 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have been working away at the drivers side rear wheel well, there is rust where the trunk floor, inner wheel well, and trunk support all meet up. I have wire wheeled and ground and picked and hammered away but the rust is deeper than I can get to from the outside....... I want to be able to sleep at night after completeing this chassis restoration...... so I drilled out the spot welds and removed the trunk support. This will allow me to media blast the inside of the support and weld up the body mount and a few week spots in the support. I will spray the back side with weld through primer and it will be good for a hundred years:-)

This will also allow me access to repair the trunk floor right at the edge where it meets the wheel well, I will add a pice of sheet metal and weld it all at the same time where the spot welds were:-)

I will also grind the backside of the wheel well in this area so no rust is left:-)

I am pretty sure this means I will be restoring some of the inside of the trunk, which I was going to do later anyways.

Pity no one will see this:-)

"Quality is doing the right thing when no one is watching" but if I share pictures you will be watching..... it's late:-)
Attached Images

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31