View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Thanks guys! I appreciate the well-wishes! It'll be a long process, but they all are. It probably won't move as fast as the '49 Truck did, but there's a bit more work to do on this one. Glad you guys enjoy my threads! Can't really do anything else sitting in hotel rooms on layovers, so might as well write informatuitive posts [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] I think [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] ...anyway, onto more build junk!

I got the front suspension just about done. What often happens when I restore parts/cars, think about the guys who built these things and the car coming down the assembly line. Mopar lower control arms were natural stamped steel and then dipped into a bucket of cosmoline for rust protection. How far down varies, but most were to about where the large rivet is right by the ball joint. Wonder if the control arm guy had any other jobs to do?

Frank: &quot;Hey Steve, what you doing today?&quot;
Steve: &quot;Oh, nothing. Just dipping control arms. It's supposed to be dipped to the rivet, but I'm going to do a few before it and maybe just one after it so forty years from now it'll be the topic of discussion on internet forums. You?&quot;
Frank: &quot;I see. I'm going to put markings all over the place so those same guys freak out trying to reproduce them. And I'll only put them on some things, and not others just to start a few fights. Hey, what's this &quot;internet&quot; thing you're talking about?? Do I know him?&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

With only 53,000 miles on the car, and nobody making correct repros on the drag links, I just cleaned up the originals.

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]