View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Fall Mecum Auction 2011 in St. Charles IL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know what you mean. I just love how they describe something as a &quot;rotisserie restoration&quot; and then you see the Sears Diehard battery, Stant flip-top radiator cap and Cooper Cobra radials. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sadly, the market watchers then think this is an accurate representation of the gong rate for quality cars. </div></div>
I agree 100%. Another factor that I believe is hurting the market besides the economy is the fact that all the auction companies have greatly expanded the number of events that are being held. There are only so many great quality cars out there and with more events, you have to have lesser cars to fill the void plus with more events, you reduce the buyers sense of urgency as there will be another auction within a couple of weeks where years ago it would be several months. I am not knocking the auction houses, in fact I would probably do the same thing if it increased the bottom line.