View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 10:17 PM

Time to do some work on the top side. There was an epoxy repair done to the slab, which didn't look anywhere near how I was told it would. I love the slab, but there's no way I wanted to look at the nasty repair for the rest of my life, so here's how I got rid of it. Like mom always said...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Here's the lemon. There was hairline crack there when I gave him the slab. While it was being worked on, it somehow turned into a cavern. I have my own thoughts on how this happened.

In the process of making lemonade. I free-handed a design which encompassed the area I wanted to get ride of, and also appeared to allow the grain to flow around it (as much as it could anyway). Here, I'm trying to remove as much wood as possible, so my router didn't need to work hard to finish the job.

Lemonade is done, mom. I had a piece of glass cut using the template I made. Now it's a feature, instead of a frickin' eyesore. The wife can decorate inside with anything she wants.

Last edited by Chick_Maggot; 05-29-2017 at 04:56 AM.