View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Engine Build: opinions....input....MCACN....boobs

We all know how sex sells, so I threw that in there to get the masses attention! And for you ladies who saw that and thought "I'm gonna give that guy a piece of my mind! " you're obviously a car girl since you're on this site, so I need your opinion too!

Scenario: 1968 S-Code 4spd GT Fastback, Highland Green, Saddle interior, lots of cool options, 1 of 159 according to the Marti Report. Numbers matching engine, original trans and rear. Two engine blocks are included with the car. The original numbers matching one with two hefty cracks in two cylinders, and another 390 from a later dated GT. The original engine was sleeved and repaired and is good to go. Other block checks out too. All bolt on parts except the intake, are correct for the original block.

Dilema: Want to build the motor for some power, but nothing crazy. I'd like to use Blue Thunder heads and intake and add a stroker kit. The goal is about 450hp. Easily done. Everything will appear stock. So building the motor like this, would you use the numbers block or the spare 390? You all know me....I sell everything anyway, so I'm trying to think what would be the best way to do the engine build?

So vote! Tell me your thoughts! Do everything numbers matching, or do the spare motor with no fear of tanking it at the track? But then again..... am I really ever going to drive it before I sell it anyway?

There... that should make for a good Monday morning chat. Talk amongst yourselves...... and me!

Cheers
Dave
Attachments - The Supercar Registry boob.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...