View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

So with Bullitt fever hitting the waves, I figure I better get going on the Stang-a-Roo since 2018 is fast approaching and I'll be bringing this car to MCACN next year!. I had to back off of it to make sure there were no snags on the Bee, and now that it's looking pretty close to being finished, I can start back into it. I'll finish the floor installation next month and will have the car stripped down and on the rotisserie. In the meantime, I got the numbers matching engine on the engine stand and talked in depth to a builder about repairing my block. It doesn't seem like it's going to happen. One cylinder has two cracks and those cracks are connected at the top about 1" down from the top part of the cylinder. He's pretty sure it's not a good candidate for a sleeve. I'm pretty bummed by I don't want to build an engine and have it leak later on down the road. So I think I'm going to build the engine with my spare block, which just happens to be from another 68 Mustang GT, and continue the quest to have this fixed at a later point. I'm just not sure it can be done.

Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 03-12-2017 at 11:27 AM.