View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ryan Weaver's 1969 Olds Cutlass S W31 Club Coupe

Update:

So I made a final decision and loaded up my extra engine to be rebuilt. This was a huge step for me, I have considered all options, researched costs, visited several builders, received several quotes verbal and paper, read forums, posted on CO for support, and many Olds people have shared information, ideas, supplier contact info, phone calls, emails, PM's, posts, you name it. Thanks to all who have taken the time to help me move in the right direction.

I have used names as I have visited various engine builders maybe this is right, maybe this is wrong...... TBD, each person I visited in my opinion would have been a perfect candidate for my rebuild but I only get to pick one builder. I am thinking I will keep names out of this for now and share a huge thank you at the end with business name and contact information if I am a satisfied customer. (I have every indication this will be the case or I would not be moving forward)

As I am not painting the car, the engine is the biggest/most expensive item on the punch list.... This is very stressful for me, I also honestly feel quite guilty moving forward with such an expense, just for ME. (I shared my mini vintage trailer idea with "Beautiful, Olds Loving Wife" and she loves the idea so this won't be just for ME)

I used the incline plane, and rolled the short block right up into the car, used a spare tire and wood blocks to support it:-) Felt a little proud:-)

I am sending the original heads as well as the "extra" engine heads. I hope they can save the original heads, but I am quite confident they are space junk/wall art.

I am dropping off both intakes, probably prep both while we are at it:-)

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31