View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts

Unless I have grossly misunderstood this, there is no bulls eye on the 6.2. The 6.2 simply does not burn clean enough in its present iteration to pass next year's emissions standards.

That doesn't mean that Chevy can't produce a cleaner version.

I will be the first to admit that in the early 70's I hated the EPA and blamed that agency for all the crappy cars we ended up driving. However, I will also be the first to admit that I was wrong. There is no way car makers would EVER have pursued and achieved the amazing (relatively) clean burning engines we have today. With the advances in technology, they even figured out how to build them with huge power numbers AND still make them clean burning.

I have no doubt that Chevy (and every other manufacturer) can make them even cleaner.

While I agree, we (collectors of old vehicles) need to stay vigilant to insure no governing agency in the U.S. passes laws that make our vehicles illegal, I have not seen any such proposed legislation that would do that. If they want to ban manufacture of of everything but electric cars in another 20 years, that doesn't mean every non-electric car on the road is suddenly gone. Just like cats in 1973. Didn't have any affect on the pre cat cars that were already on the road.