View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day2_69Z View Post
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you're missing the point Marlin - it's a cool story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif[/img]</div></div>

True story...... on my mothers name.
She was there !
In the passenger seat of Dad's Corvette.
The cops raced in , blocked cars in that were waiting to run.....people scattered, cars peeled out in all directions.
Dad ran back to his Vette
(I think it was his turn to flag/flashlight the previous run off)
Started it up, open headers, slicks...etc...and launched it like a missile (as he &amp; mom relayed it to us many different times......and the story never varied)
Shots were Fired as he spread off........they didn't even try to chase it......
When home ,hiding the car and cooling off......he looked it over ,to his amazement there were NO Bullet holes in the rear of the car, him or my mom....

A few years ago I took Dad to the P.I.D. Reunion in Bridgeville.....he sat next to the Original Christmas tree where albums &amp; albums , news prints, trophy's were on display for All to look at and read .....
A few &quot;old guys&quot; came up to him and asked , are you the 'Joe' with the Vette. ...Harrison City Missiles.....and the Bust ?
Dad grinning ear to ear....said .. why ?
Those guys said . We were there !
Dad. .... 'were you the cops who.. ....
Response . No ! I'm the guy that stalled his car in front of the Cop cars. !!!!!

I never saw a bunch of Old Guys go from Red to White back to Red in 5 seconds before.... tears, laughs, cheers, oohs and ahhhs. And handshakes, hugs all around as by then a nice crowd had gathered......

Mom passed 19 years ago. ...Dad is at every racetrack event he can be at. ..each week end.
I heard the SAME STORY from these 3 as Mom &amp; Dad. told it over the Years....

Tom
markinnaples (08-01-2017)