View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 03:35 PM

Default Re: More Chevelle updates

I had the brakes done on the Suburban last year, and they installed new rear shoes & all new hardware. The truck had just over 200K miles on it at the time, and the shoes were indeed the original units. I'm not sure what grade of shoes they replaced them with, I need to check the receipt and see if it's mentioned on there. They initially had the rear brakes set a little too tight--to the point where a trip to Kil Kare the following day led to a noticeable "hitching" issue during normal driving (NOT just while braking) once the drums got a little warm. I took it back in and they backed the shoes off, but I think they backed them off too much.

Mine's a 2WD so no CV joints for me to have to deal with. However the front ABS sensors do tend to get fouled up with rust & road debris which necessitates de-schmutzing them once in a while.

Aside from the above, all that's really left to do on the short list is get a section of corroded fuel line replaced along with installing a fresh fuel filter. I do want to replace the rusty pass. side front fender and the pass. side rear cargo door that got boogered up when Dave (bodyguy who did the Chevelle) had trouble replacing the hinge pin bushings and wound up actually breaking one of the hinges (--which for some unexplainable reason the factory saw fit to WELD on both the body AND the doors?!?) in the process, but that'll have to wait. I'm holding out in the hopes of finding a fender & door in the original color so I don't have to re-paint nor drive around in a multi-hued DD.

Who knows?!?--maybe this year I'll FINALLY be able to get the 489 nestled down in the engine bay. I'm sure the stock 454 would appreciate that lol...she's pretty tired at this point.

Hey--at least now I'll have the &quot;whoa&quot; to go along with the &quot;GO!&quot; of the 489. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]