View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 View Post
I need to ask the community - how is no one else outraged by this situation?

Because the world of Corvettes is microscopic, turns out I had this car flagged in my database as having a reproduction trim tag after a friend asked for my opinion of the tag. I never saw the VIN though.

This situation frustrated me immensely so I stepped up and reached out to the buyer who posted on the Corvette Forum. I am NOT affiliated with him or this transaction in any way shape or form. I did this because I have unfortunately have the experience of dealing with a dishonest seller (a member here) which cost me $10k +. I gave him candid advice and he acted promptly. Kuddos to him! He sent pics to a very well known Corvette expert (a member here too) and the expert and I had communication and agreed on the details of the car – real VIN, fake trim tag, fake paperwork. The buyer had correspondence with the seller and the seller agreed to take the car back without financial implication. The return/refund is slated for later this week.

As a community of classic car enthusiasts, we should continuously be assertive and vigilant against reproduction documents, dishonesty, and fraud within our hobby.

Dan

Way to step up, and help rectify the situation.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
67since67 (05-08-2018)