View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 02:05 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,151 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Nova Boy View Post
Tim,

Two question's...
What make/cranking amps is the battery with the positive on the inside and...

The twin Disc is not any good? I just bought one for the Nova and an Aluminum flywheel and just ready to tear apart...taking out a centerforce clutch to replace with the RST. M23Z is replacing the M21 trans. Quick time shield/plate replacing the mid 70's Lakewood & plate. Let me know your thoughts on the twin Disc.

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Dave,

The battery is a NAPA Legend. I believe the CCA's to be around 650? It's just a standard 24 series battery.

The problem with the clutch is this. I had an issue last year with the trans not wanting to shift into gear when the car was stationary. Reverse would grind like hell..............all when hot. It was fine cold.

I originally attributed the problem to the slave cylinder and the incorrect clearance...........besides it was leaking. So, when I put the car back together, the clutch looked fine and I now had an external adjustable slave.

It was fine cold. Once again, it would not shift stationary and would grind into reverse. My suspicion is once the clutch heated up, the mid steel plate was dragging on the first friction plate against the flywheel, thus spinning the cluster. It's fine when moving, it's fine when cold.

The clutch was adjusted to my liking and it held a ton of power. Butter like pedal..........what's not to like....................until it gets hot.

Certainly, it's a complex piece. I'll let you know if I am on the right track. I am waiting for a different TO bearing.

The motor now........................is a freekin hoot! This car is going to get me in trouble!