View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: F41- 1969 Nova SS

The F40 package is springs, the F41 package is bars and shocks. I don't know of any case where both options were installed on the same car, but technically I guess it's possible.

The F41 package is in the assy manual because it required a distinct assy of parts, (special brackets in the floor boards, special lower spring mounts, 2 vertical bars, 1 horizontal bar, 3 sets of bushings, a pair of bushing brackets, and a bunch of bolts). The F40 package might not be in the assy manual because it's only a part number change to the springs in an existing assy, and should be footnoted in the normal 'springs' pages.

I believe the F41 package may have been installed in '68 and up Novas, even though it didn't show up in the Camaro until '70. A '69 Nova rear swaybar setup would not be applicable in a '69 Camaro because of the floorboard bracket design. The brackets that get welded into the floorboard would be in the exact location where the '69 Camaro's rear shock towers would come through the trunk floor. Dimensionally, (is that a word?), the Nova rear sway bar would have fit the <='69 Camaro due to the same width of the rear.

Obviously, in '70 the Camaro's rear got 1-2" wider, and therefore received a different swaybar design. The horizontal bar is too wide for the Nova's, (I have an NOS one, bummer). The vertical bars will fit, but they have a different 'clamp' design at the bottom and are ~~1" too short. These bars will cause the horizontal sway bar to rub the differential cover, but probably only if air shocks are installed.

Sorry for the long winded reply!!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)