Thread: Window Stickers
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Just curious, and I have no gun in this fight, but do you charge for authenticating original documents? I have the original docs (got them from a fastidious first owner) and my paperwork is approaching 50 years old and appears as new. I still think there are car owners (like me) who's paperwork might look like new because of the type of person that kept the docs in a safe. I went to an office supply warehouse and made exact color copies of my stuff and laminated the copies. I made a binder with the laminated items and that is what I use at shows, events, etc.
I hate to sound cynical, but unless there is an established chain of ownership, I question supporting paperwork on these old cars. Back in the '80s I saw a fellow spitting out new POP on a GM machine with GM tape and GM cards. I thought the whole thing stunk, but I witnessed in person.
Another question along the lines of the book signing and baseball signing: if you had a POP made for your car from original GM supplies on an original machine used by GM representatives, is that a "REAL" POP?
Simply put NO!!!

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com