Thread: Window Stickers
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 07:17 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
To date I have never charged anyone to help authenticate documents. That is not my business but I would say at this point I have gotten pretty good at it. If I cannot tell then I tell them I am not sure also.
There are many more methods to determine reproduction than most would know and that is also who items such as ECL codes will never be released.......

Paul
Paul,

Joined this forum 17 years ago and watching this thread is painful. Some people go ape Sh*t when original documents surface on a particular car that has good reported provenance and then accordingly either hype the car or bash it depending on who owns it and where the politics fall and there is the risk in having an opinion because nobody wants to be fooled.

Let the market decide. If you change how you make these I would bet you are pretty much out of business pronto, and this would not be an issue if the titans of the hobby did not place a premium on "documentation" but they do- and as a result some guys want reproduction stuff for the cool factor.

Eventually the cheater is gonna cheat, and if the buyer cannot tell the difference that falls into "buyer beware" on the sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
fsc66 (06-11-2017)