View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 05:17 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,027 Times in 513 Posts
Default Re: More Supercars at Auction

If the car was in Minnesota when the nice fellow in the wheelchair (also named Tom I think)owned it, I appraised it back in the summer of '93 when it was a fresh restoration. No sidepipes (yuck!) then, and wearing repro redline tires. It was a very nice car. Vince wouldn't document it for the owner, as he had somehow gotten on his bad side (Vince wanted the car and got left out in the cold, I think?). It did have some paperwork and owner history available at that time. I'm surprised its still wearing Rallys, as the owner then had found out it probably had 5 spoke mags originally. He had found a real Yenko hood for the restoration, but it fit very poorly, with more arc in the middle than most '69/'70 Shelby Mustangs. Neat car, beautiful color. The other thing I remember about the deal was that the owner of the car was still fuming over losing out on the Yellow Phase III Motion Corvette that had surfaced at that time. He claimed that he had found the car, and called Joel R. to verify the car, but wouldn't. He went on to say that Joel R. then contacted the owner of the Vette, made an offer, and told the seller that that was the best offer he was going to get, as it would never be authenticated for anyone else. This is all heresay, of course, but the guy really didn't have any reason to tell me a story. And a month or two later, PHR had a blurb about how Motion Performance's proprietor "found" his long-sold Phase III Vette after much searching.....

[Edited by tom406 (01-18-2002 at 12:17 AM).]