View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Welp.....we all know setbacks happen. Several disasters prevented Apollo 1 from lifting off on time. Kraft had to go through countless recipes until, by accident, they came up with Velveeta. Which, coincidentally, fixed an all-weather lubrication problem on Apollo 1! And along those disaster lines comes a quote as I'm trying to align the Bee logo on the passenger's side that remains as true today as it did back then..." Oh the HUMANITY!!!!"

See, like the hood decal being installed a certain way, the rear stripe has a little offset and it isn't centered in the reflector opening. The forward goggle tip of the Bee's helmet and the stinger's tip go through the mid bodyline. Now, these were applied by hand rather fast so there's inconsistency among all of the cars. But, my before pictures show the Bee in the correct spot. So what do I do? Install it wrong....what else!!!???

So, you do what most of us would do in that circumstance.....throw stuff, yell until you lose your vision, and then walk away from the project with thoughts of just rolling it out to the curb for the recycle guy to pick up. Then after some cool down and a new stripe arriving from FedEx, you go for take two and nail it!!!

Some progress pics....

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images