View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1st Mustang Cobra ever built.....with 'test pa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hep1966</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW..the car is being restored because the car was hit hard in the rear and my buddy 'repaired it' using another car. They did a real nice job reproducing all spot welds correctly and all seam sealer, etc. The owner of the car is rather particular...I guess there is only one 1st !!..sort of... </div></div>

How might the rebody affect its value in the collector marketplace? </div></div>

I know everyone's definition of a rebody is different, but I'd have to say this car is NO rebody. The parts replaced were one full qp w/complete wheelhouse and most of the trunk floor and rear panel section. The full floors, roof, doors, one whole side of car and complete front firewall,dash, cowl, etc are all original. The car could have been fixed easier in a more typical manner with replacement parts, but the owner wanted as few non-original spot welds, etc as possible. I have to give the owner credit for the way he fixed the car.

I cannot call a car a re-body just because it used used parts instead of NOS..or worse yet...aftermarket parts to fix it. I know my 69 Indy will have a lot more replaced body parts and it is not a re-body.