View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1972 455 HO/4spd Lemans Sport Convertible For Sale

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith Tedford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our '72 Lemans Sport had the &quot;Lemans Sport&quot; emblems on the front fenders. I believe the '71 had them on the rear part of the quarter panel. I would think that this car has been massaged a little.</div></div>

Keith, I appreciate your input but you are incorrect. The regular nose Lemans Sports did have the script on the fenders behind the wheel but the Endura nosed cars did not as the air extractors behind the front wheels would have interfered with their location. You will also note the 455 emblems forward on the fender are specific to the 455 models only - all others (350-400) had the engine call-outs on the rocker molding at the heel of the front fenders.

In fact, take a look at the green automatic 455HO that Nickey sold - no emblems there.

http://www.nickeychicagoinc.com/1972...sport-455-h-o/

Also, the 72 HO was vastly different from the 70 455. The 72 had the round port heads vs the 70's d-ports, had an aluminum intake vs the cast iron one in 70 and had lower compression to comply with the newer federal &amp; corporate mandates. A minor cam change and a thinner head gasket and these engines wake up nicely - properly set up 71 &amp; 72 HO's in Pure Stock are pulling 12 second quarter times on a regular basis. My 71 GT-37 with a 455HO/T400/3:08 12 bolt with a 12&quot; no stall converter is pulling 13.60's on Wide Ovals and I'm just getting started with it.
And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978