View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 03:48 PM

Thanked 2,029 Times in 645 Posts

Thanks Chris and Pete. That was an awesome story about your IROC Chris, always love to see something like that happen with an original owner! I've got an red 90 IROC that we bought in Janesville, WI, small world I guess. I'll try a carfax or autocheck if I can't find a professional who offers some form of locating service.

The car I'm looking for was on the west coast of Canada for 30+ years and was purchased from the original owner in 2010. Since that time its supposedly been sold two more times and is in the US now, so I'm optimistic that it's still around. That's all I really know about it at this time. I got lucky and found the second owner by accident since he had another 350 4 speed Z28 for sale that I called about. I offered to buy the GM of Canada docs from him once I found out he had owned the blue car previously but he quit talking to me once he realized I wasn't interested in the other Z28 once I found out about the blue car. Then through a friend of a friend of a friend I got lucky and got enough info on the car for George to get me a Vintage Vehicle Service report for the car. I don't feel comfortable enough to post the VIN at this time. I've heard too many stories about others using the info to find a car for themselves and want to explore all my options before I get desperate enough to post the VIN. Thanks, Chad