View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,190 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default My Dale Chev Dusk Blue RS/Z Story

I saw a post about a Dale sold JL8 Z and I had to laugh. I have a great story, but it too late to provide details tonight. I flew out on business in 1986 to Chicago. While I was there I also looked up a car for sale in the area. I bought the car and it came with a protect -o- plate for documentation. Once I got home I looked the guy up listed on the pop, and he had all the original docs I posted below. I chuckled when I saw the post about the Dale sold Z28, because it reminded me of the letter the owner of my car wrote to his salesman at Dale Chev. My understanding is that Jim Hickok, the saleman at Dale contacted the owner of the Dusk Blue Z, soliciting names of friends who might be interested in purchasing a car. We hold these car with such high esteem, and you don't hear too many stories of owners bashing the fabulous 69 z28. He wrote this while he was in college at Syracuse Univ. He used the car to travel back and forth from college to Chicago.

The next chapter is driving the car from Chicago to my home in Long Island!!!
Attached Images

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Infamous Letter to Salesman.jpg DBZ INVOICE.jpg DBZ BOS.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...