View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 05:17 PM

Default Identifying 1969 Baldwin Motion Corvettes

I've run across a beaten up 69 Corvette in the NE area that from it's condition has obvioulsy not been worked on or modified for quite a while. I'm into Camaors, not corvettes, so here goes. Is there anyway to identify (short of getting Joel Rosen to look at it) a Motion Corvette. I have not seen it in person just pictures of most of it.

It's a black T-Top coupe, Functional L88 hood (has an interior skin with a flange similar to a ZL2 hood in a 69 Camaro) with a big block engine and a muncie 4 speed. The engine tag on the console indicates 427/390HP. I don't have any numbers off the engine except the block casting which is 3902406 (which is a 67 396) The engine has a Holley 4 BBL double pumper (no number yet) with dual gas feeds, mechanical secondarys and a chrome cheapo Mr Gasket style 14" open element air cleaner. The paint code is 986 and trim code is 411.

The engine has Motion style valve covers, very old, missing the motion logo in the rectangular box in the top center of the valve covers. The wheelwells have been flared (long time ago), and the pop up headlights have been replaced with monza style fixed 4 headlight units inside the pop up head light door openings. and 4" chrome header/sidepipes. Pipes have been on the car for a long time by the looks of them.

The interior is basically gutted except for the black bucket seats with red diamond pattern center sections. 160 MPH speedometer, Cable driven Sun tach on the steering column.

Guy that owns it says the car originally had A/C but it's mostly gone now.

A lot of this stuff is what went onto a Motion car, but they also could have been added by any high school kid in the pat 33 years. Is there anything particular or peculiar to a Motion Corvette that would help ID it one way or the other?

My Pace Car
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...