View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:41 PM

So, update few months later.

Brakes still aren't fixed. Shop's been super busy. About ready to say screw it and just go to discs up front. I've about had it with these drums needing attention every year. Plus, 454 and Drums don't really mix well.

Also, the thing has a bad, and I mean BAD, knock. It's had it for a while, but it's getting more and more pronounced. Probably a dead lobe on the cam/junk lifter, because I didn't know it was a flat tappet until two years ago.

It sucks, because that's money that I don't have, don't know if my grandfather has, and even if he does, I can't possibly ask him to spend it. So who the hell knows what's going to happen. We brought it back to our house for the Winter.
Attached Images

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!
The Following User Says Thank You to JRC99 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (10-24-2017)