View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 71 COPO Nova LS6

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not &quot;buying the farm&quot; here.. I don't know of any LS6 that came with AC... Unless a vette had it, I'm pretty sure it was not an option on a 70 Chevelle... Plus I NEVER heard of an LS6 motor in a Nova from the factory..

<span style="font-weight: bold">Why is the car white now?? Who would repaint a fathom blue car white??? That is a beautiful color, not that white is not but....... They really went to a lot of trouble to cut the white paint into the body jams.. </span>

</div></div>

After having lived in AZ for several decades I see cars that have been color changed all the time to a white, light tan,light yellow, etc

the dark colors just don't cut it with the sun, if the car existed in Florida all those years that COULD be what happened to it as well

a LOT of the options are unbelievable - a/c with a solid lifter engine? - but I imagine if COULD be possible, the 72 Corvette LT-1 had the a/c option added in late 72 ...

all that aside, it does seem to be an incredible story / car

IF it pans out to be the real deal, you KNOW it will disappear from ebay as the buyer will likely negotiate outside of the listing, it happens ALL the time and this seller has enabled it by providing their phone number ...

I am just saying, I can't believe it either but ... I have learned that odd things could happen ...

The LS-6 WAS avail in 1971 in the Corvette, I just thought that the drivetrain had to be &quot;certified&quot; for sale, not sure that the LS-6 in any car other than the Corvette would fly ...