View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Big MCACN Announcement; Calling Yenko Enthusiasts

I have been asked by a few people what the display might consist of. Here are my early ideas. As of now, a timeline of achievements is a great place to start. With the early race program cars. Then into the first mass marked 66 Corvair program. 67,68,69 70, Vegas to the final 81 turbo Z cars. All Yenko sold cars are welcome, it does not have to be a 427. Performance is the key word.

1969 will likely be the largest, so a time line of the early x66 cars into the next wave of X44 and the sprinkling of the rare X11's. We already have examples of each, along with the Chevelles and Novas.

I would also like a car or two that people can get into and have their picture taken behind the wheel of an authentic Yenko. You would not believe the fun it is to have an enthusiast get behind the wheel of a Yenko car and have his or her picture taken by his father or grandfather. It is important to get the next generation excited for the cars too.

Not only will there be cars, but the memorabilia display should be one of the largest ever gathered in one spot. I have had many people email me about rare items that have never been seen, and items that have not been displayed in years.

Also we are working out the details of a participant only shirt, and a special plaque commemorating the event that will hopefully be signed by the likes of Lynn Yenko and others. Also commemorative shirts different from the participants is being considered for anyone that would like one.

I am looking for other great ideas that we can incorporate into the show, to make this event much more than just a row of cars. Any ideas that members here have will be considered, and since we are over 6 months away. Many ideas will be used as we tweak the show. Look for updated here as the roster starts to fill. We are already on a pace to eclipse anything the world has ever seen in one place since the cars were sold new. As with everything the Bob Ashton and crew at MCAN has done, this should be amazing. I hope anyone that wants to participate from bringing cars, memorabilia, or just to lend is able to. Thanks for all your support to this point..BKH