View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Talking 500 passes ?

Ken, just curious what source you read that said it took 500 passes on a prepped track?
I have looked and all I can find is that the rear end took 500 launches before letting go and the test mule engine was good for at least 1100 ?

You surely can't be the same Ken that I know who took his brand new Buick GN to the track and ran faster than the magazine test cars ??? LOL

Please tell me you haven't turned into "your average Joe "

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyL78 View Post
Wait a minute.Does any one really believe that NHRA has really banned the Demon?Half the clowns that are going to buy one these monsters will not have the skill to get one in the 9s.The well experienced test driver that got a 9.65 out of one of these cars made 500 passes on a well prepped track under almost perfect conditions to go that fast.Look at all the disappointed Hellcat drivers who went to the track and expected to run 10s.

Second of all when was the last time you heard of NHRA advertising on some rule they have and what cars they will not allow to compete?This is clearly a publicity stunt by Chrysler to advertise how fast this car is and how special it is to be the first production car to be banned by NHRA.Chrysler probably took a number of NHRA VIPs to dinner and maybe more then that to get NHRA to make such a statement.

As far as this car being released to the public.I'm the one of the biggest HP junkies you will ever meet.I would love to own one but the car is too fast and dangerous to let your average Joe drive one.I read an article were someone asked why the DRs on the front and back of the car.I thought they did it to comply with some safety rule about matching tires on a new car.This article said the reason was that if someone was going to the track a lot and wore out the rear DRs then all they had to do was switch the tires from front to back!Are you kidding!So some kid wears down the rears puts them on the front and wears those down and drives home with 4 worn out DRs and it starts to rain.Gee.I wonder what will happen!

Just my 2 cents.