View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

OK....guests have left, so I was able to sneak the console into the spare bathroom and scrub it down and get rid of the remaining 1969 funk that was left on it. It really cleaned up nice, and after a very light coat of semi-flat laquer interior paint, it seems like I'm spot on with the finish. Best part? After the Pinesol (trademark) wash, my car will smell lemony fresh for a long time!!![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] The remaining original parts will head off to the platers tomorrow.

With towels in place and the suspension hung at it's most hunged travel (hunged travel?[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img][img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]) I was able to easily slip the mufflers and tail pipes up and over the Dana with no problems. I was really proud of myself for only scratching five things instead of the planned ten! Nothing is clamped down yet, just loosely fit for now. New correct tips, Q-Clamps, and hangers are enroute along with new glass (date coded), bumpers, console pieces, dash parts, stickers, tags, and various other things that apprarently I didn't know how expensive they were until I logged onto to Citicards (another trademark) and viewed my statement. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Temps are up, so next week is the vinyl top and headliner installation! You'll want to stay tuned for that one! You won't want to miss me gluing my forehead to the roof and see such classic comments as, &quot;Wait :15 minutes before applying? PPffflpp....that's just a recommendation!&quot;, and &quot;Uh oh....that's not good...&quot; as I'm trying to remove glue from my neighbor that I just sprayed directly in the face! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

You'll laugh....you'll cr....well, you get the picture. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Dave