View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 AM

Default Re: More Chevelle updates

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished putting up 3 more pages of updated pics & info...here's a sneak peek:

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally making some significant progress with this project despite innumerable delays courtesy of incorrect, or outright <u>JUNK</u> reproduction "restoration" parts.

(now that I've got that off my chest...)

The body and frame are once again reunited. What you see in the above pic now looks like this:

Here's what the other end looks like now:

Yes, that's snow the car's sitting in, but only for a moment as I had to push it outside to have enough light to take a somewhat-decent pic.

Anyhow...more parts are on their way in this week, and I still have a few more to order before the engine and trans are installed. On the "to order" list is a Stef's oil pan to replace the stocker that was exhibiting obvious oil control difficulties on the dyno, and a clutch kit to connect the mill to the Autogear-cased M20 Muncie.

With a few more parts crossed off the list before summer arrives, hopefully...hopefully this thing will be making noise once again. I'm hoping to have the mechanicals done by summer so the car will be road-worthy, but I strongly doubt the bodywork and paint will be done this year...too many other things in life taking up precious time, not to mention finances.

I'll have some more updates posted on my website in the next few weeks, I'll post up here once they're done.

Eric