View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 06:54 PM

Default 1969 SC/Rambler project

This 1969 SC/Rambler has been sitting in a barn since 1986. Prior to that the owner at the time had totally removed all the under coating and painted the car Blue.The Paint theme on this car was a "B" theme. He used it for show and took it to the Car Craft Nationals in 1980. After the shows he raced it and ended up sending a flywheel through the firewall into the cowl and cracking the windshield. He stripped the car and sold it to his friend who left it in his barn since 1986 until I found it recently. The sheet metal (except the damge) on this car is tremendous. There is light surface rust in areas, however can probably be cleaned up with sanding. The traction bars are home-made, as are the door panels as you can see. I have the original seats, however they need to be re-done. Also, you AMC people will notice the dash instrument panel is not from a Scrambler, however, I do have it. The fender wells are flared out (very 70-ish) and I must say, the guy did a good job, while not correct, they do look good. There is a moon roof which he also added. The floor and all metal is really good in this car except for the flywheel damage. I also have the bumpers, and a 1970 Rebel project motor to include. The motor has the original manifold, HP heads, re-done - however surface rust. A fresh cut crank and new pistons - I will be getting more photos in the next day or two of all the parts and parts car that come with it. I do not have the orignal wheels, what you see is what you get. I do have the the drive shaft, but no tranny. Included are the windshield in the parts car, there is an additional front windshield to replace the SC/Rambler. More photos to come in the photo bucket. This is an early production car and the vin and door tags are as follows:

Vin# A9M097X255393

Door Tag
Body 046042
Model 6909-7
Trim 941D
Paint 00
E076743

Price is 12,000 firm. --- George

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0sc%20rambler/