Thread: Snake Bite!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

So what's next? Glad you asked! Cooling....this big V10 puts out some heat. So you'd think the radiator would be this big honkin' thingy that could cool a Panzer tank! Nope...try a 2 rwo, puny, Dodge Neon part. A puny little thing with a not-so-powerful single fan. So, yank that out (which is really easy to do hunched over a 6ft x8ft clamshell hood and a body angle of back to floor at 90 degrees...really ergonomic!) and send it to my radiator guy for a 3 core 5/8 tube upgrade. The factory radiator actually has the room for 3 rows, but only utilizes 2. And in addition to that, I added to small pusher fans in front of the condensor. The result? This Locomotive engine will stay around the 195-200 mark in 100 degree, Bottom of the Indian Ocean Houston Humidity all day long! A cool thing is each part of the Viper is signed by the workers. There's three signatures under the front valance alone! Really puts a personal touch on the car.

Last things were K&N Air filter and smooth tube intake runners. This alone was worth it's weight in performance and sound. When you walk by the front of the car, the sound from that NACA intake vent from the air being sucked in my that yyewwge (that's Houston for Huge) air pump is like the snake hissing at you! Really cool to hear!!!! Jump on it and between the exhaust growl and the intake hiss, you're senses are overloaded with pure Detroit venomous muscle awesomeness!!!!!!!

Next up tomorrow is a brake upgrade and then it's off the upholstery shop for a few really cool, tasteful, and factory looking upgrades! More to come.....

Cheers
Attached Images